Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's In The Ole Book Bag This Week?

For a number of weeks I have been reading up a storm and trying to get caught up with assignments given me by the Ladies of The Book Binge, primarily novellas, short stories, and novels from Ellora's Cave. There was quite a backlog, but I think we've all of us managed to catch up pretty well. In addition, there are pre-publication galley's and copies to read and review, and so that has taken up quite a bit of time. There are still books that need to be read for review, not only for The Book Binge but for this blog as well. So I am seeking to move through the piles--and I do mean piles--of "to be read" books. Could you believe, I went to a blogger get-together this past Saturday and brought home some MORE books. My hubby nearly had a fit. So I spent yesterday cleaning off some shelves in the Day Room--old VHS copies of some of our favorite films--just so I could decrease the piles of books in our bedroom. At least we can get to the bathroom in the middle of the night with fewer collisions.

So here are some of the books I have on the reading horizon--at least for the next week or so:

Veil of Shadows by Shiloh Walker--this is at the top since she is one of my favorite writers
Cheat the Grave by Vicki Patterson
Whisper Kiss by Deborah Cooke
My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy
The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall
Bedeviled Angel by Annette Blair
Dreamveil by Lynn Viehl
Siren's Call by Devyn Quinn

In addition, I am reading some ebooks that are personal purchases--I regularly visit several romance ebook sellers and find lots there to like, even though my budget can't manage all I would like to have--as if I don't have enough to read.

So, keep those book bags open and full, getting the best that you can, squeezing out some reading time everyday, and don't let those really good books get past you.

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Erotic Horizon said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on Dreamveil - I love Viehl...

Walker is also one of my fav - but I just don't read that series.. I have read everything else by her, but just cannot bring myself to read that series..

Happy reading hon...

E.H>