Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On the Road Again, And It's Cold (!!!!!) Back Here in Missouri!

Time for the mid-winter professional enrichment trip! This time I didn't opt for Wisconsin -- with my hubby having had heart surgery a year or so ago, and even though he is doing well, not wanting to really be away for any length of time, we decided to hop on a train and journey to Kansas City, MO., home of one of our daughters and hopefully site of a retreat facility where I can spend some of my time doing some specific study that pertains to my profession. Well, we did find such a facility and I am here now. And it's cold!!

We had snow over the weekend mixed with rain, a truly yukky experience that I remember from my childhood and which once again reminded me why we moved to Southern California in the first place. But the folks at the retreat center welcomed me "warmly" and I am enjoying the quiet and time to do some professional reading and study. I am also knitting an afghan for my daughter -- she asked me if I could do it in two weeks, so I am giving it the "old college try."

I also have lugged along a layer of romance fiction in the bottom of my suitcase, added to the stash at a second hand book store I found today, and also brought along two -- that's right, two -- eReaders loaded to the gills. Needless to say, when I have those post-menopausal sleepless periods in the middle of the night, there will be plenty to choose from. I don't know when I will be posting again . . . I have a couple of books I have just finished so will try to get reviews up for those, but until then, hope you all will keep reading and checking in from time to time.

Blessings . . .


No comments: