Friday, November 16, 2012

We Love Our Books, But There are Other Creative Arts Still Surviving the Technology Age!


Just thought I would share this with you all . . . I am inordinately proud of the work that my home church members and friends have done this year on the Potluck Quilt.  We make one of these every year for an annual raffle, and it is always a testimony to the creativity and survivorship of sewing arts.  Even some of the young people in our congregation have contributed a square.  Each person can choose whatever design they wish but they must all use the same color binding and backing.  I knit an afghan with the related colored yarn and that is the second prize.  The drawing is December 23.   I'll try to post a picture of that when it is done.  I have to get "cracking" on it, too.  Have been busy and lots to do with the year end approaching.  We sell raffle tickets for this quilt, but I just wanted you all to enjoy it with me.

No comments: