Monday, July 24, 2017

Books, books, and more books . . .

I opened my blog page for the first time in many months and realized I hadn't posted anything since December, 2015.  Really!!  I pondered whether to keep the blog going after all this time.  Not sure there are even any followers that check in from time to time since I have been absent for so long.

I decided to try to get back into the blogging thing just because I had enjoyed it, for one thing, and I still read mountains of books, digitally speaking, of course.  There are several reasons why I have been gone from the blogging universe for so long.

1.  I guess the main reason is that I miss my Southern California blogging pals.  Here in So. Middle Tennessee I have not connected with any blogging groups and it has been kind of lonely -- feeling like I am just hanging out all by myself.  Our So. Calif. group got together a couple times a year and it was such fun to put faces with names and share on a face to face basis.  Now after 4-1/2 years gone from that scene, I just feel like I am in a world of one.

2.  I had gotten really burned out on the book reviewing thing.  I did hundreds of reviews for The Book Binge and quite a few for this blog.  I also guest reviewed for my daughter once in awhile but her blog has now gone away as well.  I just got tired.  Being away from my full-time profession has also made a difference.  It seemed like I just read and read and read and moved from book to book to book, not really thinking about reviewing, and only making a few comments from time to time at Amazon.com.

So I am picking up the mantle once again.  I am going to put some new stuff up on this page if I can remember how to do it all.  Hope some of you check back in from time to time and I will try to reach out to some of my blogger pals again.

Hope you are having a good summer and stay cool!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I blogged for three years (I think?) before I finally met any of my blogging buddies in Real Life. Actually, that was kind of why I started blogging. I didn't have anyone in my Real Life to talk to about romance. The Internet was literally a life preserver for me. Then I moved to So. Cal., more readers started blogging, and living in a densely populated area helped. My odds of meeting bloggers in Real Life got better once I left the Midwest.

Anyway - I'M STILL FOLLOWING YOU! A nice surprise to see you pop up in my feed reader.

Unknown said...

If you're trying to lose fat then you absolutely have to start following this brand new custom keto plan.

To design this keto diet, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and chefs have united to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, decent, economically-efficient, and delicious.

Since their grand opening in January 2019, thousands of people have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a good keto plan can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones given by the keto plan.