Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beautiful Downtown Minneapolis . . .

Well, it has been an interesting few days here in Minneapolis. The first three days were dreadful in that the humidity was sky-high and for this California girl, it was almost impossible to breathe. I did discover how to get to downtown Minneapolis by public transit from my motel . . . and was pleasantly surprised at how many people use the buses everyday. I even got a bus that comes every few minutes so it was never a long wait. The Convention Center is beautiful, spacious, and just about the perfect place to have a conference the size of the one I am attending. Lots of general meetings these last few days -- the committees are all done and now it is time to vote on all the proposals that have been filed from all over the U. S.

Had a lovely evening with C. J. & Chris -- two blogger/authors that I was delighted to meet while in town. The introduced me to a fabulous second-hand book store (had to be careful and not go hog-wild as I have to cart all those extra books around in my suitcase), had dinner at a lovely pasta bar nearby, visited Lake Harriett and the municipal rose garden, walked and talked and had a great time.

I have not felt well most of the time I have been here -- woke up yesterday with a terrible sore throat but it is better now. Have been going to lots of meetings, riding the bus, reading, reviewing books online, and so forth. Will board the Amtrak Empire Builder early Saturday morning and connect with my hubby, three granddaughters and my youngest daughter as we travel on to Chicago and spend a few days there. Hopefully I will have a WiFi connection there and can keep all of you posted. Until then . . .

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Dr. J,

Sorry to hear our humidity is trying to kill you. I live in the northern part of the state, and it's pretty icky here too. These are the days when I wish it was winter. :) Hope they rest of your trip is a fun one. :)

Chris said...

Oh, I hope you feel better quickly!! And I'm glad we had the chance to show you a tiny bit of the city. :)