Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wednesday Plus One is Ole Book Bag Day . . . What's Coming Up?

It seems like Wednesday is really the best day for me to review what I have been reading as well as think about what's coming up. Sunday is always a real "ripper" at our house so I only get to the books late in the day. Monday is usually one of my "reading" days, Tuesday I have outside commitments and Wednesday can be a mixed bag -- so I writing this on Thursday this week. Had two of the granddaughters over for a day or two and that seems to get the usual routine upended. Love to have them -- they are a stitch, for sure, but just not the usual flow of events. So here's what has been flowing through the ole "reader" in the past few days:

Cade's Thanksgiving by Cia Leah
At the Bride Hunt Ball -- Olivia Parker (reviewed here just a couple of days ago)
To Wed a Wicked Earl -- Olivia Parker (will be posting a review of this soon)
Promise of Pleasure -- Cheryl Holt
Tempting the Marquess -- Sara Lindsey (these last two for reviews for The Book Binge)
The Granite Lake Wolves: Wolf Games -- Vivian Arend (REALLY love this series)
Leather & Lace: Branded (Short Story) -- Beth Williamson (I like just about everything Beth writes, no matter the genre)
Under the Covers -- Cat Johnson (Short Story)
Smooth Talking Stranger -- Lisa Kleypas (#3 in a contemporary series)
Shalador's Lady -- Anne Bishop (just keeps on getting better and better)
Strong, Silent Type: A Wild Ride Story -- Lorelei James ( a re-read -- I love those McKay men)

On the immediate horizon:

A Lady of Persuasion -- Tessa Dare (I've read the first two of this series and loved them)
Blue Diablo -- Ann Aguire
The Red Tent -- Anita Diamant (a very powerful novel about a little-known Biblical woman)
Bed of Roses -- Nora Roberts (the second in a series)
Adrian English Mysteries -- Josh Lanyon
Master of the NIght -- Angela Knight
She Ain't No Faerie Princess -- Christine Warren (A continuation of a wonderful series)
The Demon You Know -- Christine Warren (Just more good stuff in that series)

And I'm confident that I will find others that I will slip in between the above -- or substitute, or whatever.

Hope you are all having a wonderful "reading" week . . .

2 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Dr J, I want to thank you for coming over to my blog and commenting these past few weeks. I really appreciate it!

As always, I have stalked you.. since you first came here (hope you dont mind, lol)!

I do love your book choices. I hope you have a great day!

Tracy said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad you're going to read the Adrian English series! I think you'll REALLY like it!

I LOVED The Red Tent. I think it might be time for a re-read as I haven't read it for a good 7 or 8 years or so.

Oh and Blue Diablo. SUCH a great book. I really liked that one. The second book in the series just came out - FYI. :)