Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So . . . What's In The Ole Book Bag This Week?

Well, it is "hump" day as the Los Angeles work force is fond of saying about Wednesday, and I have chosen Wednesdays to peruse the old Book Bag to see what I have read since last week and what's on the horizon.


First, I am excited to be downloading some free books from Harlequin and All Romance.com. Looks like some of them are short stories and some novellas, but heck, they are romance and they are begging to be read. And the price is certainly right. Several of these books are short and can be read very quickly. And all that I have right of these publishers are ebooks.


I also just finished Naked Dragon by Annette Blair for a review on The Book Binge. I also finished His Favorite Mistress by Tracy Anne Warren and that review is below. I am starting to read Vivian Arend's third Granite Lake Wolves book that was just released. I just received a whole box of books from my daughter -- some of my favorite authors so I have piles and piles to start on. I have to own up to the fact that the ebooks are so handy and so easy to read. I find that I am almost always awake for a couple of hours in the middle of the night and that is when the ebook reader is perfect -- don't have to turn on the light in order to read. Makes hubby much happier! I have listed the ebooks I have read since last week -- just for the heck of it and just to keep a running tab of what is getting read.

Of the Harlequin books:

Slow Hands by Leslie Kelley
Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson
Stranded With a Spy by Merline Lovelace
Baby Bonanza by Maureen Child

This being the week before Easter has really slowed me down -- lots to do and about three days when I really need about 30 hours everyday to get stuff done. So I think once Easter is past the pace of other obligations will slow and the reading pace will pick up.

Happy Easter to you all . . .

1 comment:

Holly said...

I downloaded and read all those free Harlequins last year and loved them. As you say, the price is exactly right, and the stories themselves were very good.

I love reading in bed with my eReader. I spend the bulk of my time reading that way, to the mutual satisfaction of me and my husband.

I hope you have a lovely Easter!